Friday, February 1, 2013

I've Created a Monster (or 22)!

Take a quick look at the number of comments on the right hand side of this picture.  Are you noticing practically a million comments?  I am.

Today I had my kids watch a video (see below) on nice ways to comment. Then I allowed them to comment on one another's blog posts (they only have one post so far...we're still learning).  They had a blast.  They were kind, they were excited, and their comments were appropriate and enthusiastic.  I explained to them that commenting was like having a conversation on the computer which caused many of them to start replying to the comments others had left for them.

It's all fine up to there.  But then they were begging (literally begging) to blog from home.  What could it hurt?  So I said yes.  Actually I said, "If you want to share ONE interesting thing that happens to you over the weekend on your blog, you may.  And if you want to comment, you may".

I just checked my gmail.  I had 53 (53!!) comments to moderate.  I'm excited that they're excited.

But I'm also afraid I've just created 22 blog monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment