Sunday, February 24, 2013

Making the Common Core EASIER!!!

If you're like me, you're looking for ways to make working with the new Common Core State Standards easier.  The Educational Technology and Mobile Learning site recently compiled a list of "10 Wonderful Common Core Standards Cheat Sheets" and while I only checked out one of the sites, I found the one I did look at immediately useful.

The Common Core Checklists site organizes the checklists by grade level.  Each grade level is then organized by Common Core subject.  Each checklist provides a place for you to record when you taught a particular skill, when you retaught it, when you assessed, reassessed, and when you reviewed it.  That way you're not sitting at your desk reading through assessments, scratching your head, and asking yourself, "I did teach this, didn't I?"  At least with these checklists you can be certain of whether or not you taught something.


I immediately looked at the E/LA Common Core Standards for Writing checklist for grade 5.  It gave separate checklists for each type of writing and was very user friendly.  I'd highly recommend it.

I'd also highly recommend checking out the other cheat sheets Educational Technology and Mobile Learning provides.  You'll probably find something to meet your specific needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment