Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lewis and Clark's Corps of Discovery


So I've done it.  I've gone and created a digital story that I will use to introduce Lewis and Clark's exploration of the Louisiana Purchase and beyond to my students.  Because I have students who are English Language Learners and students who struggle with comprehension, I will use this video to give my students a preview of Lewis and Clark's journey.  This will give them an idea of the basic timeline of the journey so that when we start reading and researching the Corps of Discovery, students will have a beginning understanding.

Hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Great job on your story! I thought the timing was perfect. Did it take a long time to time it out? I'm sure your class will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The timing was a bit tricky because I knew I wanted to speak over multiple pictures and I didn't know that doing that would create a skip in the narration. Once I figured out that I needed to change pictures during a pause in my speaking, it went much more smoothly. Good luck when you make yours and thanks for watching!

      Delete