Monday, February 11, 2013

Web 2.what?

So I was visiting my classmate Stephanie's blog, Running on Empty, and she mentioned that up until recently, she didn't know what Web 2.0 meant.  Turns out, I'm not the one one!  I just kinda rolled with it and figured that the 2.0 simply meant "ONE MILLION TOOLS THAT YOU CAN USE ON THE INTERNET".  Turns out that is kind of what it means, but it also means tools that you can use to interact through the internet.  Please enjoy this video that Stephanie turned me on to. It explains simply what Web 2.0 means. If you watch the whole thing, it has a Spice Girls song at the end (I knew that would get you interested!)

2 comments:

  1. Really clever. Shows how a simple digital story can convey a lot in some innovative ways. The teens who made this video also seemed to have had a good time making it. Hope you get to show this to others in our class and beyond. It is entertaining, but also educational and gets across in "plain English" the benefits of Web 2.0 tools. You might even show it to your students. It might give them some digital story telling ideas, and they can share with you their favorite Web 2.0 tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this informative video. It makes web tools much clearer to me. I'm sure you know what I mean, Elena.

    ReplyDelete