Thursday, January 31, 2013

Real Binders Drive Me CRAZY!

According to the National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) for Teachers, one of my goals as a teacher is to engage in professional growth and leadership.  As I follow all these RSS feeds about technology, I can't help but feel like I'm constantly engaging in professional growth.  When I see something that interests me, I click on it.  While at times this leads me to dead ends or useless information, I have been finding lots of great information and tools that I can use to help myself professionally.

My last post mentioned LiveBinders, a really useful tool for organizing information that teachers find for each area of their curriculum.  But another thing LiveBinders is great for is their public binders.  People have already created binders on a plethora of topics, and all I have to do is type in what I'm looking for and BAM!  Suddenly there's a binder (or several) waiting for me.  I typed in "Civil War" (which you might have noticed by now tends to be my topic of choice) and there were over 10 binders to look at, many of which had valuable and well-organized information that I could use when I teach that unit

Real binders drive me nuts.  I love technology.

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to share the power of LiveBinders with your classmates and others. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete