Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Technologies I Cannot Live Without (So They Say--Whoever They Is...)

Today Google Reader showed me Edudemic's post, The 15 Education Technologies to Know About This Year.  Since it's now my job to keep in the know about these things, I decided to check it out.  There were some technologies that I'm currently aware of or using (Kidblog, StudyBlue, and Glogster) but there were also several other technologies that interested me.

Flashnotes
Flashnotes is a site that allows students to post the notes they take in class and get paid when other people use them!  How amazing is this??  I wish this had been around when I was a student, because I, quite frankly, was an amazing note taker.  Granted, this is not a useful program for my students in particular, but for students at the high school and college levels, this program could be really useful!

Another great technology is LiveBinders.  LiveBinders seems kind of like Diigo, but instead of simply tagging webpages, you can create entire binders dedicated to areas of your curriculum.  These binders can include webpages, videos, pdfs, and other technologies that you can then organize to your liking.  You can also share the binders, so it would be a great way to collaborate with other teachers in your building or district.  This program, like Flashnotes, does not seem like it will be used frequently in the elementary classroom, but if students are doing a large research project, it could come in handy. Click here to watch a video on the usefulness of LiveBinders.

I thought I'd share these technologies even though they might not be appropriate for your elementary classroom.  Despite that, they would be great as teacher tools, and if you visit the Edudemic website, you can see the other technologies that you cannot live without this year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Paid for your class notes??? What a concept! I was always taking notes for others when they were out of class...I could have made a small fortune with this endeavor. I, too, wish that I had access to such a tool when I was younger!!! Hmmm...wonder if I can start now?! Lol...we can call it a stipend.

    ReplyDelete