Monday, March 4, 2013

I Do Not Like to Write (Reflection via Web 2.0)

I think one of the biggest things I've taken away from this class is that literacy can easily be integrated with technology.  Not only can it easily be integrated, but it can also make learning and assessing fun!  I know it sounds too good to be true, but realistically, any time you give kids the opportunity to do their work in a way that they consider out-of-the-ordinary, they are more interested and engaged, both of which lead to increased motivation.

I started to integrate my EDU 584 reflection with Go Animate, a program that gives voice to text and allows for freedom of creativity.  The only problem was, there's a limit to how many speech exchanges you can have, and I quickly ran out of room!  The point is, I learned A LOT.  I plan on using most of what I learned frequently, and I plan on keeping up with my RSS feed because every day new technology is added and gives me new ideas on what I could do with my class.


I Do Not Like to Write by Elena Thibodeau on GoAnimate

Animation Software - Powered by GoAnimate.

2 comments:

  1. Clever. Thanks for sharing. I also tried out Google Story Builder, and would agree with you that it has limitations. Plus, sites like GoAnimate are so much more fun. When you have time, also try out XtraNormal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, I agree with you! My students love doing anything on the computer. I have recently begun a novel blog and the students cannot wait to write their responses on the computer!

    ReplyDelete